Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sweet Little Dress Photo's

Here is the process of making my little dress. The lighting wasn't super fantastic because I took them in the morning, and it has been raining all week:



The pattern drawn out on the shirt. Now, I don't have a daughter to borrow a dress from for a pattern, but I do have dresses of mine that my momma saved.
So, I used one of my pink easter dresses.


Detached Pocket



Goodbye sleeve...



And, there went the other one.



Close-up of the back, right before I cut the neckline for the dress.



From this photo you can't really tell but, I cut the neckline directly under the two buttons shown in the photo before this.



Side seam sewing :)



Belt loops, which I made from bits of the sleeve.



Attaching the belt loops



As you can see, I kept the pocket. I had plans for it!! I took more fabric from one of the sleeves, folded it in 1/2 and gathered it up, then attached it in a sprial to the pocket.



Ta-da!! It's a flower :D



It's almost finished.
I re-attached the pocket to the front of the dress where I felt a little girl could easily use it for hiding all her dainty little things, like a flower for mommy, or a card for dad.



Then I hand-stiched a button from my sewing box to the center of the flower, making sure not to catch the dress. Turns out, the button I chose was a larger version of the buttons already attached to the shirt.


Close-up of the flower on the pocket.


C'est Fini!!
(This photo was taken by momma later in the evening, hence the color difference.)
-- A Victorian Cowgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment