Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Frugal Findings of A Victorian Cowgirl

I have been CRAVING a shopping spree for about a month now.. I was able to put it off for as long as I could stand NOT shopping... but, I had to go & buy some pretty Swiss Dot fabric for a new shirt I want to make, and the CGF Thrift Store was calling my name from just around the corner!! So, I had to, of course, pay a little visit :P

Imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon this lovely little number!

For only $5.00 I had to buy it whether it fit or not
(I tried it on, and IT FITS!!)

I just HAD to take photo's to share with a special someone what good fortune I had had shopping...

It's just so... well, you know.. Lucy!! :)
And, then I thought, "Well, this would make a GREAT blogpost!"
So here it is :D

I found this dress in New Bern. And, I fell in love with it!
It is EXACTLY the style of thing I wish I could wear everyday of my life..
I mean, who can resist the allure of the 1930's-50's?? BUT, I'm so tall & thin that I can't ever find things long enough, or small enough :(

I found a steal with this one!! And, it makes me feel so Va-va-va-Voom .. you know?!
Do you have a dress that makes you feel that way?? I think EVERY woman should!

Well, there aren't any tags in it, and I noticed that it is home-made :D
There is a matching belt at the already cinched waist line and, it is the perfect length for me. Looks so good with heels.. another bonus! It is so amazingly comfortable. Who says you have to sacrifice comfort to be stylish & classic?!

I hope you have such luck in your shopping this week, Girls!Oh, and Thanks Kater, for being such an inspiration in the blogosphere!!

-- A Victorian Cowgirl

2 comments:

  1. Bonjour Victoria,
    What a fabulous find! You look beautiful, very glamorous! I'm positive your special someone will love it!!
    Have a good evening,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour Mimi,

    Awww, Merci Beaucoup!

    And, He does love it! :) * YAY *

    Bonne nuit yourself dear,
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete