Thursday, August 26, 2010

Pincurls meets Marie Antoinette & Rachel McAdams...

I decided to give pincurls another go around. Hopefully this time it works!!


The last time I tried, I put just enough product in my hair but somehow (even after being pinned up from 12 pm to 10 pm) they must not have had enough time to dry. I was doing them because my beau, Justin, was coming in late that night after work for another lovely weekend visit. Well, I tried... and when I took them out to brush them into their proper place my hair felt ... well, just... ICK!! :(


I was putting them up tonight and when I had one left, I looked in the mirror. As I was brushing the 2" strand of hair out to make it silky smooth before curling up and pinning, I was reminded of the single little curl left down in the hairstyles of Marie Antoinette's time (and this post I had seen last night before bed. For some odd reason whatever I read an hour before and up to getting into bed I remember very clearly the next day, but never anything else. But, I digress) ... and I just smiled. As any silly girl who loves fashion would, I quickly went to work on my make-up... completely setting aside that last pin-curl for now. When I did my eye-liner I had a chance to glance down at my desk, and guess what I found?!?! An issue of Vogue magazine, with Rachel McAdams in BRIGHT pink lipstick on the cover.....


So, here's how it all ended up :D





The lipstick isn't as bright in the photo because of some color fixing thanks to the dang camera... but, hey.. it works.

-- A Victorian Cowgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment