Friday, August 27, 2010

A cutesy little dress, for a cutesy little girl


I found a tutorial a while back (okay, like WAY back in the Spring) on how to turn a large sized men's shirt into a dress for a little girl. Now, usually I try and at least post the tutorial video if I can, but tonight I am just going to post a link (I'm just THAT tired) : http://www.dana-made-it.com/2008/07/tutorial-shirt-dress.html.

Well actually, the way I did my little dress is from a memory of looking over a few different posts/tutorials on how to do this, when I saw them last... so I just kinda went at it with a general idea of how it worked. I wish I had a little girl sized white belt to add to it in the photo's, but I don't :( I used a Blue & White striped men's shirt that was given to one of my brothers, but ended up being too big for them.

Here is a similar one (I have yet to try, but maybe next week??? Looking forward to a new skirt, hopefully) on how to make a belted woman's skirt, using a similar technique:
http://www.craftstylish.com/item/44969/how-to-make-a-belted-skirt-from-a-mens-dress-shirt

More pics to follow :D

--A Victorian Cowgirl



1 comment:

  1. Ahh, this is so cute! I wish I knew someone I could try this for!

    Thank you so much for all your comments <333 They are always so nice and thoughtful :)

    My hair is tricky. It is pin straight and thick, with NO WAVE whatsoever (wah), so I pincurl it just about every-night, even if I'm just going to wear it up the next day. It just has so much more texture that way (I just made some pin-curl videos--my method, which isn't the traditional way I think--I'll try to post those soon). I basically let me hair dry (sometimes with help from the dryer), curl the ends with a curling iron, and pin curl it dry.

    To get the bun, I just flip my head upside down and grab the hair in kind of a haphazard ponytail, trying to bring it as up high as I can. Then I just sort of take the curled bunch of ends that I've got, and twirl it in a really loose bun shape--because it's curled, it doesn't need much shaping--and pin it around so it's secure! I don't know if that helps, my method is kind of similar to this: http://joannagoddard.blogspot.com/2009/11/messy-french-bun.html but my hair isn't that long, and I curl it instead of leaving it straight.

    ReplyDelete