Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Up-cycled Napkins

In June I did a tutorial on up-cycling a vintage/antique linen into the pincushion on a Mason Jar sewing kit... but I never said what I did with the beautiful lace cornered scraps from the linen.


Well, I turned them into pretty little napkins! When I made the sewing kit, all I did was cut the "P" out of an antique monogrammed linen. When I was finished, I had a near-perfect condition linen - with a 4x4 square cut out of its center - left over... and beautiful lace trim on it's corners!



To make the napkins, all I had to do now was to cut off the excess center strip (an act I didn't feel bad about because it was slightly damaged with moth holes anyways), roll and pin the hem...


... and stitch them on just ONE side. It only took me about 30 minutes to trim, pin, and hem both scraps.


It was SOOOOOOOOOOOO simple, and I got beautiful napkins without wasting a thing!


What have you up-cycled lately?

-- A Victorian Cowgirl <3

1 comment: