Friday, April 27, 2012

DIY Graphics Tutorial

Here is how I made my Necklace graphic (post coming this weekend) using Graphics Fairy, Picmonkey, and Paint. I also kept Thomas Edison's "I didn't fail 1000 times, I did not fail once. I simply found 1000 ways how NOT to make a light bulb." in mind when doing this graphic. I will share my "ways not to make a cute graphic" as well as my final success!


 Here is my Final Graphic... I thought I would start with the finished one, 
so the others wouldn't seem too awful!
 
 Here I grabbed a crown graphic from Graphics Fairy's "Objects" board 
in her search engine. You could use a graphic like either of the crowns below, 
I preferred the larger one and so used it.
(But I will use the smaller one for the convenience of editing while posting... lol)





I used the "lip tint" option under Touch Ups on Picmonkey to change the color 
of the crowns from black to red, re-sized it to what you see in the finalized graphic (about 150x110), saved it to my desktop and then opened Paint.

Once in Paint, I took the Crown Graphic from above and
added a white space at the bottom to make it centered in the final pic...

 

However, this wasn't centered just yet, so
 I flipped the graphic 180 degrees and added space to the other end, thus finally centering it.
 

Ta-da!


And flipped it 180 again to make it right-side-up again.


Crop as necessary in Picmonkey to get the exact size you wanted...


I used this Union Jack graphic that I found via a Google Image Search as my 
"choose your own" overlay in Picmonkey.
(the little symbol at the bottom of the left sidebar that look like a lattice pie-crust...)

I also overlayed the first option in the "paint" overlays and faded it until it was just right. 
But you can do whatever works for you... you may have to try a few different edits 
before you find just what works... 

 I may have tweaked it just a smidge more, but I can't remember for sure. 
That's basically it! It really isn't all that hard once you find the things you like. 
And everyone is sure to have a few mishaps, like me, along the way 
so PLEASE don't get discouraged! 

Be like the Little Engine That Could and just tell yourself, 
" I think I can... I think I can... " until you 
"know you can... I know I can... " 
<3

  And here's some of my examples of how NOT to edit a graphic...


 My original attempt. It's alright, but it isn't big enough I think...


Too much and not the right size. 
Here I did the second option under the paint tab, 
but didn't fade it at all... 

 Here I tried to do the "create your own" in the Stickers tab. 
It doesn't work quiet so well as the overlay does... lol.

And there you go! 

-- A Victorian Cowgirl

2 comments:

  1. nice graphic, Punkinseed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Daddy <3 See you when you get home from work!!!! Can't wait to give you a hug...lol

    ReplyDelete