Thursday, April 12, 2012

Guest Post: Victoria's Dresser

Hi,

I am Jennifer of The Creviston Nest.

I have been lucky enough to be able to meet some of the best people in the world doing what I love; faux finishing furniture!

I was able to meet Victoria though her wonderful Mom, Sallie. I have faux finished several pieces for Sallie. Recently while she was dropping off a dresser, I was able to meet Victoria!

Victoria is just one of the most amazing people I have ever met. It has really been a blessing getting to know her and her wonderful family.

Victoria asked me some advice on refinishing a dresser she had purchased. While giving her advice on what seemed may be a difficult refinish, we came up with a plan. Victoria would do some sewing I needed done (yes, I can sew but not much more then a line it may not even be straight) in exchange for me faux finishing her dresser!

Before

This is the dresser Victoria brought over, a very CUTE solid wood antique dresser. It had a lot of potential, hiding under that terrible, TERRIBLE paint job. White, with a dry brush of green... and the infamous red knobs.

Victoria sent me several inspiration pictures of what she was looking for. After my process of sanding, primer, paint (Benjamin Moore), glaze and sealing it... here is the finished product.









Before and After

Thank you for reading my blog post and thank you Victoria for allowing me to do my very first guest post!

-- Jennifer Creviston

No comments:

Post a Comment