Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tryon Palace With Life, Liberty, & the Pursuit of Elegance

I recently (... ok, so I was supposed to get all this up like 3 weeks ago right after it happened, but I was being lazy...) went to Tryon Palace with Justin. So, here is me putting up all of the pics ... FINALLY!!

I know I posted this pic the other night, but I just love it!!
I was playing around and being silly with the camera, and so was suprised when it turned out like this. I just wish his shadow wasn't in the flower bed... LOL

The "Butterfly" Garden


The carriage house. We realized that they designed a way to keep the entire mansion very semetrical by making something as simple as a carriage house, have the same look as the other side where the kitchens/laundry rooms are.




I caught this one by accident,
but I love the way the suns rays came through.
God really does some amazing things!!




"Dutch Angles" are Ahhh-mazing :-)
Didn't this one turn out to be a good one?!?!
This really is one of my favorite pictures!!




Reading about the different gardens at Tryon right
before we entered the "Butterfly" Garden.




...Early Spring flowers...




I really like the iron detailing on the brick water well here.





I wish there were more flowers when we went, because I went back about a few weeks later and it was in full bloom, with tulips and roses everywhere!!



We sat here for a little while, and had a nice chat, while we took a breather from walking...



I think somebody was having fun with the all the photo-taking. :-)

All of the photo's here today actually are from both of our camera's so it was a very good day. Thank you Justin for the pics!!


I love this how this pic turned out... This was the good one. And, I am glad I was able to catch a view of both gardens!! We had a good time in the garden shown in the background through the gate with the statue. Unfortunatley, we were having too much fun (ok, so not so unfortunatley.. LOL) to remember to take any photos.



Statues in the Center Garden...


Beautiful early Spring flowers!!

More flowers...
BTW, all of the candelabra's you see are from a wedding
being held at Tryon that day.
So, I realized this morning that I am going to have to split this up into two seperate posts because of all of the beautiful pictures I want to share!! LOL
-- A Victorian Cowgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment