Monday, January 17, 2011

Party Dresses for the New Year...

Or at least, my picks for the season :D I hope you are all having a Beautiful week, and enjoy my little ditherings here... 

First, we have a lovely RED dress. It's Vivienne Westwood's "Hybrid". The color is good (for me at least...), and the fabric looks really flattering the way it's gathered and draped. 

You can find it here

Next, we have a gown that I think would look absolutely lovely on. 
It's Lanvin's Asymmetrical Washed Silk Gown. 


You can find it here at Net-A-Porter.com. Isn't it a dream?!? I LOVE the color, and the draping... like a Grecian Goddess... and I bet it makes you feel that way too. My only hiccup here is the flower... though I'm sure anyone who wears it is more than capable of pulling it off.

My next choice is a bit more glam, and perhaps more "hip" (and SHORTER) than I'm used to. But, I like it anyways! 


The nipped waist is very figure flattering, and the asymmetrical bottom adds intrigue to the style, and an extra appeal to the legs... now, as I think this would be too short to wear with my "mile long" legs, I would wear opaque tights, and black (or perhaps red or blue) velvet/suede pumps :D Unfortunately I can't remember where I found it, but if you happen to stumble across a link can you please share? 

Here, we have a nice LBD. 


Gotta love the Sparkle factor... it's enough to make any woman fall in love, whether she'd actually wear it or not. I'm not one to normally go after sparkles and sequins... but I am starting to realize how much I like them, and trying to make sure I at least try them every now and again :) The velvet belt is lovely in contrast, and helps to break up all the splashy sequins... 

Unfortunately this is another one I can't remember the link for :( Be sure to leave a comment though if you find it, please!

What styles have you fallen in love with over the start of the New Year? 

-- A Victorian Cowgirl


No comments:

Post a Comment