Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Old Meets New


I tried on this dress and immediately fell in love with it!! It is the Brooklyn Dress from the Merona line at Target. I love the detail of the sailor buttons at the shoulder and the rope twist belt. It's so light and airy it would be perfect for a humid summer day :)

I didn't buy it because I'm hoping it will go on sale in a few weeks but if it doesn't then I will pay full price because beauty like this is worth it...

The dress is very vintage inspired and reminded me so much of this photo in my book: Catwalking: A History of the Fashion Model


The photo was taken by Erwin Blumenfeld, and is of Lisa Fonssagrives wearing a Lucien Lelong dress on the Eiffel Tower in Paris. The photo was taken for French Vogue in 1939. 

-- A Victorian Cowgirl



2 comments:

  1. It's well worth the price because it has a lovely classic look to it and I'm sure you'd be able to wear it almost everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara Louise,

    I will be going back to get it tomorrow, since I have a dermatology apmnt. at 4-ish anyways... lol :D I can't wait!

    Have a great week, and a blessed Sunday!!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete