Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Going to Tea

I am back home from Colorado to a much warmer (and muggier) North Carolina! I am thrilled to be back home with my parents and three little monkeys once again :)

One thing I love to do when visiting my Oma is to go to tea with her at Glen Eyrie Castle in Colorado Springs near Garden of the Gods, another favorite hangout...

Who wouldn't want to go to tea when you get to be dressed up in your Sunday best like this?


My Oma and I went to a Victorian Tea (how perfect?!? lol) on this visit. They had sweet little treats and I especially loved the raspberry swirl cookies, as well as the Brie cheese. Brie is one of my favorite cheeses to put on anything from crackers to Granny Smith apple slices. If you buy the Brie that still has the wax on it then you can slice off the top layer and pop it in the microwave for a few minutes to get it all ooey-gooey. It's just so lovely :D



We recently discovered the yumminess of Brie en Croute (similar to this one) over the holidays and my mother recreated it for our own New Years Eve snack table. Hers was a little different than the Christmas one we tasted because she used her very own fig jam and pecans. It was scrumdiddlyumptious!!

Did you discover any new treats this holiday season?

-- A Victorian Cowgirl






4 comments:

  1. You look so beautiful. the two of you must have had a fun time. No new treats this year, just way too much hot chocolate and eclairs...
    I wish you a very happy New Year!
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so lovely Victoria! That outfit is beautiful! :)
    Going out to tea is so much fun! I did that a lot when I was in England in September. Around here there are unfortunately very few (if any) places where you can go out to tea. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dress is beautiful! You look lovely Victoria :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, thanks you guys!! :D

    Mimi, I'd love some hot chocolate and eclairs. When can I come visit?! LOL

    Aurora, we don't have many places here at home for tea either. My family plans to travel alot these next few months tho so I'm sure I will find a few places out and about :D

    Sara Louise, that's such a wonderful compliment! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete