Friday, June 11, 2010

Sharing a Link for a Tutorial

I read an article this morning about the common misconception that girls who stay at home either just sit around twiddling our thumbs while we "wait for our prince charming" or that we only know how to cook and clean. Those are good things to know, by the way, but if I only did that I'd be bored stiff. Anyway, that isn't the purpose of this post so I'll move on.

The author of that post is Emily Rose Brookshire of Simply Vintagegirl. I love all things vintage and beautiful so I just HAD to go visit her site when I saw the name of her blog :)

I found this lovely tutorial for fabric flowers and wanted to share. The post is at http://www.simplyvintagegirl.com/blog/index.php/2010/05/29/tutorial-how-to-make-lovely-fabric-flowers/

I have known how to make different sorts of fabric and ribbon flowers for a while but I never thought of using a tealight to crinkle the flower edges. They remind me of old english roses or peonies (which I love!!). I am making some of these today... how about you?!

-- A Victorian Cowgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment